Hey all. We have received a few questions about what is being done to help keep everyone a safe as possible during this buggy time. There are many layers to this as you might imagine. At the end of the day, to make this work, we all need to do our part and work together.
The Bike Park Plan
Tamarack Bike Park (TBP) has put a bunch of time and effort into being able to continue operations safely. There are many layers to this as you might imagine. For specific docs direct from TBP, click on the links below.
NW Cup Plan
We are working daily on how to streamline things and minimize grouping up. There will be slight adjustments throughout the event
- Registration: We are STRONGLY encouraging pre-registration. With that, we will be giving priority to those pre-registered to minimize lines. While we don’t have “details” on that yet, it will make sense when you arrive.
- Paperwork: We will be providing a waiver pack for participants to print and fill out ahead of time. We will have copies on-site but strongly encourage you to use your own toner this time.
- The Lift (general): As you saw in the TBP link, the lift will be limited to 2 patrons at a time which allows for proper separation. An exception to this would be if you have more in your “household” and you choose to ride together, that is up to you.
- Lift Lines: As you’ll see from the schedule below, we will be splitting up practice to minimize how many people are utilizing the lift at any given time. Please adhere to the posted schedule, it is very important to the process. There will be plenty of time to bang out laps.
- Race Staging: We need your help on this one. We will ask that everyone distract themselves from their pre-race jitters by focusing on giving the rider in front of you 6ft.
- Sunday Change: One major bottleneck typically is Sunday morning practice so we will be skipping that for this event. Get your last best look on Saturday or get up super early for a little hike. This will be the same for everyone so don’t fret. On Sunday just head up with enough time to get to your race run. Just think, you’ll have time to sleep in, pack up for the trip home, visit the Dome for a proper breaky, etc.
- Awards & Raffle: We are looking at a few options on this but for now just plan on spacing out and sticking with your crews.
Current Schedule (yes, sometimes things change but this is close)
|Track-walk (no lift)||12pm-Dusk|
|Cat 2, Cat 1 Junior, Pro Practice||9am-1pm|
|Cat 1 and Cat 3 Practice||1pm-5pm|
|Cat 1 and Cat 3 Practice||9am-12:30pm|
|Cat 2, Cat 1 Junior, Pro Practice||12:30pm-4pm|
|Pro and Cat 1 Junior Seeding||5:00pm|
|Sunday||Racing all Categories in this order.|
|Cat 3, Cat 2, Cat 1, Pro||9am-Done|
We are so excited to get this season going and look forward to seeing everyone. Also we’d like to pre-thank everyone that’s coming for helping us get through this and “Make the best of a S%#*@y situation”.