Hey all. We have received a few questions about what is being done to help keep everyone a safe as possible during this buggy time. There are many layers to this as you might imagine. At the end of the day, to make this work, we all need to do our part and work together.
The Bike Park Plan
Information regarding changes in operations at Silver Mountain can be found HERE
NW Cup Plan
We are working daily on how to streamline things and minimize grouping up. There will be slight adjustments throughout the event
- Registration: We are STRONGLY encouraging pre-registration. With that, we will be giving priority to those pre-registered to minimize lines. While we don’t have “details” on that yet, it will make sense when you arrive.
- Paperwork: We will be providing a waiver pack for participants to print and fill out ahead of time. We will have copies on-site but strongly encourage you to use your own toner this time.
- The Lift (general): As you saw in the SMBP link, the lift will be limited to 2 patrons at a time which allows for proper separation. An exception to this would be if you have more in your “household” and you choose to ride together, that is up to you.
- Lift Lines: Given the layout of SMBP, we will not be splitting practice for this round. There is ample room to spread out with 3 very separate courses. Practice social distancing in any lift line you find yourself in and exercise patience and respect for others. Please adhere to the posted schedule, it is very important to the process. There will be plenty of time to bang out laps.
- Race Staging: We need your help on this one. We will ask that everyone distract themselves from their pre-race jitters by focusing on giving the rider in front of you 6ft.
- Sunday Change: For this race, we will be having pre-race practice on Sunday. The one change is that we will be prioritizing Cat 3 loading onto the gondola first on Sunday morning, followed by all others.
- Awards & Raffle: We are looking at a few options on this but for now just plan on spacing out and sticking with your crews.
Follow the website and our Facebook page for any updates regarding Phase 2. We look forward to seeing you all……again.